What is a Catalyst?
A substance that induces a chemical reaction without itself undergoing any permanent chemical change. Example salt causes water to boil at a higher temperature. Metal alloy catalysts like vanadium-oxide are used in combination with heat in refineries to improve fuel quality.
The Fitch Fuel Catalyst is a Heterogeneous Metallic Alloy (HMAC) that transforms or reformulates the molecular composition of fuel at ambient temperatures and pressures.
The result is a cleaner burning fuel that produces higher energy yield with zero to ultra low soot deposits and with reduced emissions.
The Fitch Fuel Catalyst is a patented metallic alloy that reformulates fuel on board a vehicle prior to combustion.
Placed in the fuel tank or housed in a canister and connected into an engines fuel system between the fuel tank and the engine, the molecular structure of fuel is modified by the catalyst alloy to a state where it is capable of more complete combustion. As a result the engine converts the chemical energy in the fuel to mechanical energy in a more efficient and complete manner. The engine power is increased and toxic emissions per unit of fuel are decreased. As fuel passes over the catalyst, gasoline or diesel are reformulated into a superior quality of fuel allowing a combustion engine to extract the maximum amount of energy with minimal emissions. Warranted for 250,000 miles (consumer applications) or 500,000 miles (commercial applications), or equivalent operating hours, the FFC is a permanent treatment that does not lose its potency and never dissolves or deteriorates which is why it differs from additives that require replenishing.
The Fitch is NOT an additive – it is long term fuel treatment.
The mechanism of hydrogenation
ASTM Test Series
|ASTM D5291||Carbon||wt %||86.32||85.71||-0.71%|
|ASTM D5291||Hydrogen||wt %||13.31||13.61||2.25%|
|ASTM 613||Cetane N||54.20||54.40||0.37%|
How Does Fitch Effect Diesel?
Aged diesel as measured prior to Fitch treatment showed a Cetane index of 48.8. The Cetane Index increased to 49.2 post Fitch treatment as measured per ASTM D-4737 test.
American Society Testing Methods
The benefits of the Fitch Fuel Catalyst have been proven and documented by independent laboratory and independently in the field.
- Outdoor Power Equipment – stabilizes fuel during storage, longer operating time
- Recreational Vehicles – stabilizes fuel, improved HP, Improved fuel economy 5 – 12%
- Automotive/light duty diesel trucks – 1 – 2.5 mpg improvement, lower emissions
- Residential Oil Heat Systems – 10% – 20% Reduction in fuel usage, reduced soot
- Commercial Oil Heat Systems – 3% – 12% Reduction in fuel usage, reduced soot
- Commercial Trucks – 3 – 5% mpg improvement & significant reduction in particulate
- Marine Workboats – 5 – 12% mpg improvement, reduced emissions/soot on transom
- Locomotive – 3% – 12% fuel economy improvement
Reports documenting the above results are available upon request.